Meal and Bear Bucks Online Portal
The Meal and Bear Bucks Online Portal allows you to add and change meal plans. Select "Add/Change Meal Plan" under the Meals menu item on the left to get started. Step by Step instructions are also available under the Meals Menu.
Bear Bucks is a declining balance convenience account accessed through your Brown ID card.
Bear Bucks is the safest, fastest, and easiest way to buy the things you need at various locations including on-campus retail, Brown dining, vending machines, laundry, copying, and printing. Using this website you can quickly add value online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Brown University undergraduates, graduates, medical school students, faculty, and staff automatically receive a Bear Bucks account. No sign-up is required. Your account is already open and ready for you to add value under Bear Bucks management within the menu on the left side of this website.
Bear Bucks Advantages
- No membership fees or service charges.
- Quicker than cash.
- Easy to add and access value in minutes.
- You may authorize anyone to add value to your account, but only you can make purchases.
- Balance displayed with each transaction.
- Balance carries forward as long as you have a valid Brown ID.
- You can set up automatic deposits into your Bear Bucks account via credit/debit cards.
- Low balance warnings can be set up. Automatic deposits can be set up via credit/debit cards when you reach a certain low balance.
- If you accidentally lose your ID, your money is secure and is immediately available when you receive a replacement ID.